One of our favourite things to do at Muddy Boots is been outside and been active (As
well as getting muddy!). We have been collating a list of all the fun things we like to do at Muddy Boots, so you guys can try them out over Easter to keep busy in the spring sunshine or inside when the spring showers appear.
Muddy Boots Top 10 Physical Activities:
- Hide & Seek – This can be done outside and inside, this is also amazing for
developing those counting skills.
- Simon Says – You could even let your little one lead this (We’re sure they would get
you doing some funny actions)
- Balloon Tennis – All you need is a balloon, 2 players and your hands or feet.
- Outdoor and Indoor obstacle courses
- Races in the garden – This could include running, crawling, jumping, skipping, sack races etc. We would love to see pictures of you carrying these out. You could even create some medals for the winners.
- Musical bumps and Musical statues
- Dancing to your favourite songs!
- Paddling and splashing – This is fantastic for developing and strengthening those leg muscles
- Football & Rugby
- Create a parachute using an old bed sheet – At nursery we love adding objects such as balls on top and shaking it really fast or slow!
Because our little ones at Muddy Boots LOVE been outside so much, this often works up an appetite for a healthy snack and a drink. Here are some yummy snacks you could try at home:
- Fruit Kebabs / wands – All you need is some
cut up fruit pieces and some lolly sticks or (blunt) skewers
- Yoghurt coated strawberries: https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/support/healthy-living/healthy-eating/recipe-finder/frozen-yoghurt-coated-strawberries
- Banana Ice Cream (This is very tasty in the hotter weather!): https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/quick-banana-ice-cream
- Homemade fruit smoothies or milkshakes
- Pizza wraps (Our Pre-School and Pioneers children love making these for teatime)
- Fruit Ice lollies: https://www.ilovecooking.ie/recipe/fresh-fruit-ice-lollies/
If you have any healthy recipes at home you love to make, please let us know. We would
love to add these to our Spring / Summer menus!
Have fun staying healthy and active, I can’t wait to see you all soon charging around
the gardens, the office isn’t quite the same when I can’t hear lots of giggles
and you all running around!
Poppletons Nursery Manager X