Hours: 38 per week
Salary: £11.05-£11.55 per hour
Finding a job in childcare that you love can be really tough. In fact, it’s really easy to end up settling for second best, getting through your 9-5 in a workplace where you feel undervalued and not able to use your unique strengths to make a difference, just to earn your wage and get to the weekend.
At Muddy Boots, we believe that shouldn’t be the case, and we are excited to be on the hunt for a Learning Lead to join the fantastic Pre School team at Muddy Boots Stamford Bridge.
THE PEOPLE WHO THRIVE & LOVE THIS ROLE:
Inspire and motivate their team: We love Learning Leads who have an infectious passion for the EYFS, and love supporting the wider team to use it as a foundation for learning that children love
Are passionate about creative teaching: We love Learning Leads who provide the highest standards of quality teaching within the Pre-School, focussing on developing the environment, resources and experiences offered to children
Love helping children get ready for school: We love Learning Leads that love helping children get ready for school, developing creative programmes that mentally and emotionally prepare our older children for the next step in their educational journey.
CORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ROLE:
The role is full-time, 38 hours per week spread across 4 full days with a set day off each week
- Salary up to £23,169
- Additional holiday days for length of service
- From 40% staff discount towards childcare fees at Muddy Boots & our Pioneers Out of School Clubs
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption leave & shared parental leave
- Paid personal training & development, as well as our personal development and free books
- Free lunches cooked by our in-house chef & free uniform
WHAT OUR TEAM THINKS ABOUT WORKING ABOUT MUDDY BOOTS:
“Right from the interview I felt at home, and was offered a job shortly after (go me!) Since that point then it’s been a whirlwind six years where I have worked my way from an unqualified practitioner to becoming manager of the Acomb branch.
I have done a level 3 in Childhood studies through York Council alongside a BH Hons Open Degree that focused for the first 4 years on Early Years and Childhood Studies. Even with all this going on, Muddy Boots has never said no to my thirst for knowledge, they have always allowed and encouraged me to attend training that I felt would benefit myself, my peers and ultimately the children I then care for.
The team, owners and even the parents have always been there to support, guide, and keep me sane throughout the journey, and I honestly don’t think I could have tackled it all without their support and understanding! Berni – Manager at Muddy Boots Acomb
Want to hear from more? Check out this video
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Learning Lead at Muddy Boots you will:
- Provide high standards of quality teaching within the Pre-School, including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children
- Inspire the Pre-School team to plan appropriately for children, using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance
- Lead on ‘School Readiness’ teaching for the older Pre-School Children, as well as Early Talk Boost programme
- Effectively manage EYPP funding.
- Support the development of good practice with regard to Special Educational Needs & Disabilities and Inclusion
- Be a fantastic role model for outstanding interactions and learning in Pre School.
- Plan and carry out small group activities around communication, maths, phonics and PSED with the oldest children in our Pre School room.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
Recruitment at Muddy Boots follows three simple steps:
- Once we receive your application, our team will be in touch within 48 hours to book your interview (which will be within 7 days)
- You will come to the setting for a tour, a sit-down interview with the setting management team, as well as delivering an activity of your choice in one of our rooms
- After your interview, our team will be in touch within 48 hours to let you know if you have been successful. If you have, your start date will be booked and you can get ready to start a career at Muddy Boots that you truly love!
A LITTLE ABOUT MUDDY BOOTS
Since opening our doors in January 2012, with only a few team members and a handful of children, we have continually worked to build day nurseries with a strong family ethos and home-from-home feel, which have now been enjoyed by over 1000 families and counting
Here is how we do it:
We focus on developing the uniqueness of every child
We work with every child’s constantly changing and unique interests to ensure their development is about them, not employing a one size fits all approach
We build strong relational bonds with our families, built on quality communication
This ensures our parents have the peace of mind to get on with their busy lives, knowing their child is with a team who know and love them
We focus on outdoor adventures, always!
Muddy Boots isn’t just a name, it’s a daily way of life. We believe in as many outdoor adventures as possible, and create amazing outdoor experiences to facilitate them