We are on the hunt for a family-style cook to join our nursery setting in Stamford Bridge (YO41 1AW).
Whilst experience in a commercial kitchen, like a school, nursery, or care home is desirable, we are not looking for someone with Michelin star training. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about great food and considers themselves a fantastic home cook, looking for the opportunity to feed a bunch of extra hungry tummies each day.
When you apply, please submit a cover letter explaining why you are perfect for the role, which can be anything from years of cheffing experience to or home, family cooking!
The role is part-time, with 20 hours per week spread across five days, with flexibility possible in the hours each day to work around your family commitments.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Delivering our Muddy Boots menu, full of interesting, healthy, and seasonal lunches and light teas
- Catering for all the different dietary requirements and needs
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen and associated stores.
- Ordering all food and kitchen equipment, as well as maintaining monthly records for stock-taking purposes.
- Adhering to the nursery policies and procedures
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Salary of £11.85 – £12.35 per hour, dependent on experience
- 40% staff discount towards childcare fees at Muddy Boots & our Pioneers Out of School Clubs
- Additional holiday days for length of service
- Additional ‘discretionary leave’ to help with unexpected demands out of work
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption leave & shared parental leave
- Up to 5 Emergency Childcare days, subject to availability
- Paid personal training & development
- Personal Development Fund & free books
- Free lunches
- Free uniform provided
- Free on-site parking
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Catering experience (can be at-home experience!)
- Existing knowledge of food preparation for special dietary needs (or willingness to train towards)
- A recognized catering qualification
- Food hygiene certificate (if not can be completed during induction)
- Experience working in a Childcare / Care / Catering environment