**Growing Family Company with Opportunity for Progression**
About Muddy Boots
Pioneers Club at Muddy Boots is a large OOSC providing care and fun for children aged 5 to 11 years, both Before and After school and for full days during the school holidays.
Muddy Boots first opened in January 2012 with only a few team members and a handful of children, and we have always maintained a strong family ethos, a home from home feel. It’s something we believe to be at the heart of Muddy Boots and vital to our Nursery and Pioneers Club. We believe that a healthy, happy team leads to healthy, happy childcare setting with a positive friendly atmosphere for all.
Just as important to us, is personal development of staff. At Muddy Boots, with our support we expect you to continually grow in your role, and in your personal pursuits – after all, it’s what makes you, you!
Benefits at Muddy Boots
- Significant staff discount towards childcare fees at Muddy Boots
- Free hot meals every day
- DBS fully paid for by Nursery
- Free uniform
- Own tablet to use for Key Person responsibilities
- Additional days off with years of service
- Frequent rewards and recognition for going ‘over and above’
- Many opportunities for additional training and experiences, both internally and externally
- Belonging to a friendly, thriving team building towards excellence
- A family-run company with many opportunities for progression
About the Role
As a Out of school Club Practitioner, you will be working with children aged 5 to 11 years old. On a day-to-day basis you will work as a valued member of the team to ensure that all children receive high quality care and support, are kept safe, and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual learning needs.
It will be your responsibility to:
- Build extremely positive relationships with the children and their parents, using skills to create fun and educational activities in the valuable time with have with the children
- Observe, support and extend children’s learning
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with
- Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members, establishing effective relationships
- Complete school runs and trips
Shifts available are 7.30am-9.15am and 3pm-6pm, Monday to Friday during Term Time,
and 7:30am – 6pm during school holidays.
Who Should Apply?
If you are a team player, with a caring and friendly personality, who is reliable and responsible and able to build close relationships with children and their families, we want to hear from you. We are looking for people who are positive, enthusiastic and passionate about doing the best for children.
You should also have (or be willing to work towards):
- Relevant Level 2 or 3 Childcare or playwork Qualification
- Experience of working in a childcare setting
- Sound knowledge of child development
- An understanding of play based approach to children’s learning and development
- A commitment to equal opportunities
Please note, this position is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
So if this sounds like the job for you, apply today!
Part-time hours: 20-38 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.40-£8.95 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Childcare: 1 year (preferred)