At nursery with our children we follow some basic Muddy Boots family rules, which are designed to help children to develop a basic understanding of boundaries and how to follow simple instructions.
Our rules are displayed in our Investigators and Pre School rooms with photographs as a visual reminder, but we thought it may be helpful whilst you are at home to know what they are so you can continue to build them into your daily routine.
So… here they are >
- Walking feet – As we all know, little ones have a tendency to bound around rooms with high pace and a higher volume, so when inside we always promote ‘walking feet’ to ensure everyone is safe and our ear drums remain intact!
- Listening ears – An obvious one, but one we constantly work on!
- Gentle hands – When playing together, or with equipment and resources, make sure our hands are gentle and looking after each other
- Looking eyes – Make sure we are looking where we are going so that everyone is safe and happy!
- Kind words – Always saying nice, positive and happy things to each other makes sure we all leave at the end of the day with a smile on our face!
- Respect – Each other and our friends’ space – This one is all about ensuring our little ones are thinking about everyone else as well as themselves, considering what effect they have on others.
- Respect the environment and toys – Make sure we are looking after things so that we can continue to enjoy them in the future!
- Help and support each other – We are a family, who helps and supports each other as often and in every way we can!
If you would like any more information, or would like to know how we incorporate them into day to day life drop us an email on email@example.com
Muddy Boots Poppleton Nursery Manager